The Youth Leadership Congress is open to students and recent graduates of Turkish American heritage who wish to become active in American civic and political life, contribute to U.S.-Turkey relations and the Turkish American community and are committed to advancing the TCA mission.
TCA selects up to 30 young Turkish Americans to participate in this exclusive forum. Participantshave the opportunity to:
- Expand their knowledge on U.S.-Turkey relations;
- Learn about the political systems in Turkey and the U.S.;
- Meet members of Congress, diplomats and policy experts;
- Increase their awareness on Turkish historical heritage in the United States and issues of importance to Turkish Americans;
- Learn about effective advocacy in the American political system;
- Develop their leadership roles in the Turkish American community; and
- Establish networks with their peers from across the United States.
The Youth Congress includes discussions with U.S. congressional staff members, American and Turkish diplomats and scholars, representatives of Turkish American community organizations, and plenty of opportunities to network with leaders in U.S.-Turkish relations and with other young Turkish Americans.